Kelley Hunt has forged a distinguished reputation as a recording artist, international touring performer and published songwriter.
With over two decades of touring and recording credits and six CDs in international distribution, Kelley released her sixth CD, The Beautiful Bones, which she’s performing to sold-out audiences. Kelley’s experiences include appearances on some of the world’s largest blues and music festival stages, on internationally distributed radio shows like American Public Media’s “A Prairie Home Companion” (6 times) and on PBS television specials seen in over 70 of the largest US TV markets. See her website for details.
She has conducted songwriting workshop experiences in classrooms from grade school to high school, adult education levels and has appeared as a guest artist/workshop presenter at Boston’s prestigious Berklee College of Music. Her international performances include the Blues to Bop Festival in Lugano, Switzerland.
Kelley’s performance art experiences include appearances in renowned artist Roger Shimomura’s touring works “Seven Kabuki Plays”, “Songs For A Rickshaw Boy” and “The Last Sensei Story”.
Kelley recently worked in the studio with acclaimed Grammy nominated guitar master Duke Robillard, both writing and performing her song, “The Mood Room,” for “Blues Full Circle.” She appears on “Duke and his Dames of Rhythm” (along w/other guest artists Maria Muldaur, Catherine Russell, Madeleine Peyroux & actress Elizabeth McGovern). Her CDs include Gravity Loves You, Mercy, New Shade of Blue, Inspiration, Kelley Hunt, and The Beautiful Bones and single Heartland.
Venues and Groups
Master Classes / Workshops
- University of Kansas, Osher Institute
- Guest artist vocal workshop and performance, Berklee College of Music, Boston
- Turning Point: The Center for Hope & Healing, Kansas City
- Faculty Augusta Heritage Center Workshops, Davis and Elkins College, Elkins, WV, teaching Gospel singing and blues piano
- Southern Illinois University
- Pittsburg State University
- Tucson High School, AZ
- Telluride High School, CO
- Shawnee Mission West High School, KS
- Silver City High School, NM
- Salina Middle Schools and High School, KS
- Blue Valley Northwest High School, KS
- West Nebraska Community College
- Unity Church of Lawrence, KS
- Power of Words, Goddard College, Vermont
- Folk Alliance Conference, Vancouver B.C. and Memphis, TN
- SXSW Music Conference, Austin, Texas
- Circle of Music Conference, Ferry Beach, Maine
- 2007 Recipient, State of Kansas Governor’s Award for the Arts
- 2006 Inductee, Kansas Music Hall of Fame
- Douglas County AIDS Project “Friend of DCAP” Award
- 2003 Western New York Blues Beat “Big Muddy” Award
- Member, NARAS (National Association of Recording Arts & Sciences)
- Member, SAG (Screen Actors Guild)
- BMI, Affiliated Published Songwriter