Kelley Hunt has forged a distinguished reputation as a recording artist, international touring performer and published songwriter.
With over a decade of touring and recording credits and three CDs in international distribution, Kelley recently released her fifth CD, Gravity Loves You, which she’s performing to sold-out audiences. Kelley’s experiences include appearances on some of the world’s largest blues and music festival stages, on internationally distributed radio shows like American Public Media’s “A Prairie Home Companion” (6 times) and on PBS television specials seen in over 70 of the largest US TV markets.
She has conducted songwriting workshop experiences in classrooms from grade school to high school, adult education levels and has appeared as a guest artist/workshop presenter at Boston’s prestigious Berklee College of Music. She recently played in the Blues to Bop Festival in Lugano, Switzerland
From 2002 – 2006 she has been a member of the Blues Week faculty at the Augusta Heritage Center Workshops at Davis and Elkins College in Elkins West Virginia teaching gospel singing and blues piano.
Kelley’s performance art experiences include appearances in renowned artist Roger Shimomura’s touring works “Seven Kabuki Plays”, “Songs For A Rickshaw Boy” and “The Last Sensei Story”. She wrote and performed “Dangerous Curves: Breast Cancer Awareness” and “Dangerous Curves II: Surviving and Thriving” with Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg and the 940 Dancers.
Kelley is a 2007 recipient of the State of Kansas Governor’s Award for the Arts and is a 2006 Kansas Music Hall of Fame inductee alongside such artists as Mike Finnigan, Melissa Etheridge, jazz/fusion guitarist Jerry Hahn, the Byrds’ Gene Clark and Big Joe Turner.
Kelley recently worked in the studio with award-winning, internationally-renowned gospel singer Sista Monica Parker for Parker’s upcoming album. With her band, she is preparing to release a new CD, Gravity Loves You, in early 2011.
Venues and Groups
Master Classes / Workshops
- Guest artist vocal workshop and performance, Berklee College of Music, Boston
- Faculty Augusta Heritage Center Workshops, Davis and Elkins College, Elkins, WV, teaching Gospel singing and blues piano
- Southern Illinois University
- Pittsburg State University
- Tucson High School, AZ
- Telluride High School, CO
- Shawnee Mission West High School, KS
- Silver City High School, NM
- Salina Middle Schools and High School, KS
- Blue Valley Northwest High School, KS
- West Nebraska Community College
- Turning Point of Kansas City
- Unity Church, KS
- Power of Words, Goddard College, Vermont
- Folk Alliance Conference, Vancouver
- SXSW Music Conference, Austin, Texas
- 2007 Recipient, State of Kansas Governor’s Award for the Arts
- 2006 Inductee, Kansas Music Hall of Fame
- Douglas County AIDS Project “Friend of DCAP” Award
- 2003 Western New York Blues Beat “Big Muddy” Award
- Member, NARAS (National Association of Recording Arts & Sciences)
- Member, SAG (Screen Actors Guild)
- BMI, Affiliated Published Songwriter